Wednesday, July 18, 2012

So I have a knack for taking songs and finding meanings out of them that they weren't originally meant to mean. I look at things with a very different view. I was just thinking about that tonight. Sometimes my heart is full and the only way it releases is through music.

The first song on my mind is dedicated to my best friends. You know who you are. We've been through good times and bad together, the fault of the bad found on both sides. But this song represents how I feel about them. Its not to be taken in a romantic way whatsoever. Don't think of that while listening to it. Think of true, pure, friendship and love.


This next song is dedicated to my mission. Coming home early and going through all that entails has been very rough on me. I've felt that I've handled it with grace, but I've had my moments. I've been waiting for about a month and a half now since I've sent my papers back in, and I've had a very trying time learning patience. I thought I'd be going back sooner, but I'm still waiting. It's been my dream ever since I can remember to go on a Mission. This is something I've wanted more than anything else in my entire life, and thats saying a lot because anyone who knows me personally will tell you how passionate and driven I am. I'm putting all of my other dreams on hold; broadway, performing in general, love, family, school, everything. I'm giving another eighteen months, on top of the six I've already given, to this one purpose, and I'd gladly give much much more. So again with this song, it is not romantic, think of it in the sense of a purpose.


I feel so lucky to be me. The life I get to live is such an adventure. There are a lot of big things that I wish were different, but thats a norm for everyone. This is a song that I like just because it lets me let go of things. I don't think I'm a super hero or anything, but in my group of friends I was always known as the "good kid" and was that friend that was always there for everyone. I was happy for that reputation, but sometimes that brought a lot of pressure. I do my best not to judge others, but I do judge myself, so when I mess up, or show weakness I'm really hard on myself. Sometimes I get tired of being the one who takes care of people, or sets an example. This song is my venting song. I don't feel like I'm better than anyone else so hopefully this song doesn't come off that way. I think we all feel like this at one point or another, that we have to be the strong ones when we wish we didn't have to be. Don't get me wrong, I love who I am. This song represents just a little view of my weaknesses.




Hope those who read this have enjoyed a little view of my madness. Have a great evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment